The Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment (SCOPE) and the Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences (RCEES) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences have agreed to establish a second SCOPE office, located in Beijing.
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of science officer. The deadline for applications is 15 November 2014.
An application form for this position can be requested from SCOPE (email@example.com) or from Yuan Jingjing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Indicate“Science Officer Position” in the title of your email. Note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
A shortlist of candidates will be identified; applications will then be reviewed by an international expert committee.
The objectives of the office are:
· to identify and develop new research programs and projects and activity opportunities;
· to develop programming on the theme of "Transitions to Sustainability", identified inthe Future Earth Agenda;
· to assist the Paris Secretariat with the SCOPE science programme;
· to develop the use of modern technologies of information and communication in coordination with SCOPE and its potential regional offices.
One highly-qualified full-time Science Officer will be appointed by SCOPE and RCEES for a three-year appointment (renewable) to fulfil the functions and objectives of the Office.
The profile for the position of Science Officer includes:
· PhD (minimum) in the field of environment and ecology related disciplines;
· Research qualifications, proven by publications and citations in international journals;
· Management experience;
· Excellent command of the English language (spoken and written); fluent Chinese is an advantage;
· International working experience;
· Demonstrated proficiency in communication and new technologies;
· Proven capacity to integrate science and policy aspects;
· Flexibility and entrepreneurship; and
· Willingness to travel.
Appendix: Beijing Science Officer Application Form