Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences (RCEES, CAS) was founded in 1975. It is a comprehensive research institute that performs a wide scope of basic and applied research in the field of environmental chemistry, environmental engineering and system ecology. For the development of solid waste research, we plan to recruit 2-3 Hundred Talents Program Professors for carrying out studies on biological treatment of solid waste, recycle of bio-waste, reutilization of industrial waste and solid waste management. Overseas outstanding young scholars are encouraged to apply.
The candidates need to meet the following requirements:
1) Candidates should be citizens of the People's Republic of China or foreign scholars who are willing to come to China and work permanently. Good health is essential.
2) Candidates should have more than four consecutive years (including 4 years) overseas research experiences after receiving doctor degree and be younger than 40 years old.
3) Candidates need to have background and working experience on solid waste recycling, solid waste analysis, solid waste detoxification or solid waste management, to have the experiences of taking charge of one or several projects independently or acting as one of key members of a whole project and making remarkable progress and contribution, and meet the professor requirements of RCEES, CAS. As potential academic leaders, they need to have at least 6 papers published in influential international journals (first or corresponding author) after graduation.
4) Candidates are required to be of great leaning and scholarship with influence in disciplinary fields and established achievements universally acknowledged in both national and international scientific research areas. They need to have the potential of being academic leaders and specialists with advance professional levels and have the abilities to guide the direction of their research fields and make innovation achievements.
5) Candidates are wished to possess a good sense of teaching and research moral and conduct. Integrity, sincerity, enthusiasm, good team spirits, dedication to research and strong communication skills in international cooperation are essential.
2. Compensation and Benefits
1) Successful candidates will be employed as professors.
2) RCEES will offer research start-up grants to successful candidates (around 0.7 million RMB). The ‘Excellent professors of CAS’ will receive funds of ‘Hundred Talents’ of CAS (including specific funds for house subsidies).
3) According to RCEES treat policy standards, the talents will benefit treat like salaries, welfares, and medical treatments etc. Those candidates won the ‘Hundred Talents’ will receive additional monthly stipend of 2000 RMB in the following three years (Source from specific funds of ‘Hundred Talents’ in CAS).
4) RCEES will offer basic offices and laboratories.
5) Successful candidates will be the supervisors of postgraduate students and can cultivate Ph.D and master students. According to relevant policies, supervisor subsidy will be paid.
3. Application Materials
1) Complete the ‘Recruitment Application Form of Hundred Talents Program Professors’ (download from the webs of the Department of Human Resource and Education of RCEES, http://www.rcees.ac.cn/xzq/rsjjc/index_1.html)
2) A full CV including contact information, educational background and academic achievements, etc.
3) Certificate of current position in universities or research institutes, and copy of graduation certificate of doctor degree.
4) Transcripts since college with a list of research projects, publications and awards in the past five years (as the first and corresponding author). Catalog of published papers, patents and monograph (proven papers included and cited by SCI Documentary Database).
5) At least two letters of recommendation from home and abroad experts in the related field.
6) Other supported materials.
Department of Human Resource and Education, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Shuangqing Road 18, Haidian District, Beijing, 100085, People’s Republic of China
Contact: ZHANG Litian
For more details, please visit: http://www.rcees.ac.cn